Welcome to my website!
I am fascinated by formal structures, the scientific disciplines that explore them, and their practical application. The above quote by Poincaré describes what drives mathematics and computer science at their core, in my opinion: Building abstractions, developing models, recognising patterns when viewing the universe from different angles, and reducing novel questions to solved problems.
On this website, I share my passion for science and programming.
Currently, I am studying Computational and Data Science at the Friedrich-Schiller-Universität in Jena, Germany. My undergraduate studies were in Bioinformatics and I am generally interested in the use of maths and computer science to answer scientific questions.
Topics I am excited about
- mathematical modelling
- simulations of scientific phenomena
- machine learning (mandatory …)
- solving optimisation problems with heuristics
- explaining and presenting science to everyone who would listen
- fast and elegant scientific computing in Julia
- building performant and robust applications in Rust
Opinions on some semi-religious questions
emacs, I use spaces instead of tabs, my curly brackets go in the same line, and I say "die Nutella". ;)